WINTER 2023 NEWSLETTER AVAILABLE
Beware of Fraudulent Text Alerts and Phone Calls
from unknown parties pretending to be from our Fraud Department using similar Text Alerts and Phone Numbers (known as Spoofing) in an attempt to obtain Debit Card information to commit Fraud!
DO NOT give out debit card information on your card or PIN#’s; do not give out your Home Banking LOGIN or PASSWORD information!
We will NOT ask for this information over a text, phone call or email !
Always use the contact numbers on the back of your card to verify or report suspected fraud.
MY REWARDS PLUS IS NOW AVAILABLE!!
Don’t Become an Easy Target for Scammers
Scammers use a variety of fraudulent phone calls, text messages, emails and even phony “fraud alerts’ that appear to be from legitimate sources to entice you into responding and communicating in attempt to defraud you out of your money. Remember to use caution when receiving suspicious phone calls, emails and texts. Below are some simple ways to identify a scam:
- You are being requested to provide sensitive information.
- You are being requested to share a passcode or secure authorization code.
- You are invited/requested to do a screen sharing session.
- You are advised of a threat of dire consequences for you or another party if you do not follow instructions.
- You are required to send money (cash), gift cards, bitcoin, P2P transfers, wire money or send some other form of payment to remedy an issue.
WVFCU will NEVER ask you to provide a passcode or sensitive login information. Please contact our Member Services if you have questions.
West Virginia Federal Credit Union
Go to main navigation