What are acceptable forms of identification?
To open a checking account, you will need to provide (1) one form of primary identification. The following list includes acceptable forms of primary and secondary identification:
Primary Identification Documents:
- Driver's license with photo, issued by a State or Territory of the U.S.
- Military ID
- Identification Card with photo, issued by a State or Territory of the U.S.
- Valid U.S. Passport with photo
- Valid Passport, from country other than U.S.
Secondary Identification Documents:
- Major or local debit/credit card embossed with name (does not include gift cards)
- College ID of institution where applicant is currently enrolled
- Utility Bill bearing name/address used for opening account
- Rental/Lease Contract for current residence
- Current State issued Learner's Permit
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate or Citizenship or Naturalization
This answer has been viewed 6995 times.Go to main navigation